Happy Mothers Day!


I am fortunate that on this Mothers Day my mother is only a phone call away. I just came back from a visit with her and it was lovely. Who could ask for anything more.

My mom is glamorous, right out of the pages of Vogue. When I was growing up she would look at the fancy magazines and say "I can make that" and sure enough she would go to her sewing room and churn out the most beautiful outfit. She made me great clothes - so cool that in High School girls wanted to borrow them. And my mother had constructed them with her passion! She was an inspiration then and she continues to be.


The picture at the right is my High School graduation and she made both our outfits. I remember my dress like it was yesterday. She let me pick out the fabric and she took her time fitting it and making it the right length. I wish I still had that dress. I still have a few jackets in my closet that she made - as good as Valentino, they are!!

Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you and thank you for inspiring me to be the best I can be and Make it Myself!
xxo

2 comments:

JC said...

Nice pictures. Your mother really looks young. I have a picture of my mother (dated on her birthday in August 2008). She's in her late 70's and thank the Lord that she is still alive. Take care.

Susie said...

Love that...she is one talented woman, we are lucky to call her Mom!